Sunday, January 24, 2010

Boun Anno Nuovo

Hello Everyone!

It's Pday again and I'm shocked at how fast this week has gone by! It's been a wonderful week for me. I can't believe that in two weeks, I'll be on my way to Italy...weird. Learning Italian is making me realize how much I take everyday communication for granted. I'm so used to saying whatever I want but for once in my life, I HAVE to think before I say anything. Remember mom, when you would get mad at me for not thinking before I said something?! haha. Anyways, I'm learning a ton. A lot about the gospel and a lot about Italy and the language. Learning a new language really makes you stick to the basics which is nice in my situation because the gospel is so simple anyways. I think I learned that the hard way this past week as Anziano Cox and I taught the Plan of Salvation in Italian to a couple of people. The lesson went well but it could've been so much simpler and less confusing if we had just stuck to keeping it simple. There's definitely always room for improvement! I am so grateful to have the gospel in my life and even more excited to bring it to others lives. Sorella Pickett is the new sister that came in last week so she is my new companion...my fifth one! I'm loving getting to know so many people. She is so excited to be here. Some of you asked how my new years went. Let's just say, we rang in the new years with all of you--at 10 pm Mountain Standard Time! It was great though. All of the Italian Sorelle had a fun little "festa" that consisted of junk food and Martinelli's and we shared some new years resolutions. I hope everyone is having a great week! Vi Voglio Bene!

Love,
Sorella Hashey

"God won't call you to something you can't handle...but you can't do it by yourself" -Ross Quigley

No comments:

Post a Comment