Wednesday, December 30, 2009

la settimana di natale

Hello family, friends and sorella hashey fans!

This week has been another wonderful week! I had a great Christmas week and I do have to say, Christmas in the MTC is pretty unique and something to remember for sure. Christmas Eve was my favorite--We had a musically infused Christmas Eve Fireside put on by the MTC Presidency and then had a missionary talent show that was pretty fun and got pretty wordly at times, I do have to say. haha. After the Fireside, all of the Italian Sorelle went back to the classroom, shut off the lights and gathered around our miniature, dwarf-sized Christmas tree(cheesy I know). But it was fun. We talked about and did some of our favorite Christmas traditions--definitely not leaving out the jesus stocking mom! Everyone loved it. I didn't have the guiness book of world records to calm my anxiety this year though. christmas day was wonderful. Elder L. Tom Perry came for the morningside devotional and Elder Anderson came earlier in the week on Tuesday. It amazes me when they take time away from their families--and even bring them sometimes to speak to the missionaries on holidays. Elder Anderson actually brought a bunch of his family and so his grandchildren sang "Picture a Christmas"--a primary song--for us. Oh, and mom, Elder Anderson's wife reminds me of you. She is so cute and just the way she tells stories made me think of you. Everyday here at the MTC is an adventure. This past week, Sorella Lloyd was sick for 4 days so Sorella Naslund and I would switch on and off staying in the room with her. It was nice because I was able to get a lot of personal study time in. We've made friends with the Health Clinic people this past week to say the least. Our Italian district is dwindling in numbers--yesterday half of the Italians left for Italy (which means there are only 5 of us left). We'll be getting another sister tomorrow who's going to Italy so I'm excited to meet her. Sorella Lloyd and Sorella Naslund and I have been having a lot of fun together. There is never a dull moment. Last night, Sorella Naslund(the one from Sweden) made a sign for our door that says: "The Italian Sorelle--Sorella Lloyd: the Oracle (because she's an English major and likes to use big words), Sorella Hashey: The Guru (I guess because they think I'm a pro...boy do I have them fooled), and Sorella Naslund: The Swedish Princess (haha)." Sorella Naslund comes up with the funniest phrases sometimes. Last week she was dying laughing and I asked her why and she goes, "They called Jesus a BABE!...like he's Brad Pitt or something!". My week has been full of fun times. I hope everyone's enjoying this time of year!

Love,
Sorella Hashey "the guru"

"What you want is something you haven't had before--of course you'll have to work harder for it"
Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment