Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Spero

Ciao Ciao!

This has been another wonderful week at the MTC! I'm loving it here. I can't believe I'm already going on my 4th week here. The days are long(in a good way) but the weeks go so quickly. Sorella Prina (my companion after Sorella Miller) left for Milan, Italy this past week and now we have new Sister missionaries that are my companions so there's three of us. I go everywhere with them except to class which is a huge part of my day. The new Sisters are wonderful! Sorella Lloyd is from Sacramento, CA and Sorella Naslund is from Sweden( I call her my little Swedish fish. haha.) Although I didn't expect to have a new companion each week, I have actually enjoyed getting to know all of the other Sorelle. This week has been great Italian-wise. I feel like I can actually communicate now and my French is actually coming in handy because many of the words--especially verbs are similar. Yesterday at the Teaching Resource Center (where we teach a 30 minute gospel lesson to a volunteer investigator) I taught my first time in Italian! It was supposed to be my last week teaching in English but Anziano Cox, who I usually teach with, couldn't make it to our scheduled lesson time so I taught with some of the Sisters who've been here 3 weeks longer than I have. I didn't say a ton because I was super nervous and only found out 30 minutes before that I'd be teaching in Italian--but I taught the investigators how to pray and also bore my testimony. I've memorized the First Vision in Italian this past week and my goal for this next week is James 1:5 (Giacomo 1:5). Sister Elaine S. Dalton came to Relief Society this past Sunday which was AMAZING! She's the Young Women's General President and I've always loved listening to her talks at General conference. She talked about how everything that is written in the scriptures was written because of an anticipated event--the birth of Jesus Christ or the Second Coming. I thought of some of my "anticipated events" coming up and how important preparation is. I know that the preparation of the people before the birth of Christ was so important and I am excited to help in the preparation of people before he comes again. I'm excited for SESTRA GLAUS to join me this week here! I'll be a host sister tomorrow so I'll probably see her when her family drops her off. I feel like I'm rambling...So, everything's really been going well! I love it here and hope everyone at home is doing wonderful! I love you all!

Con Amore,
Sorella Hashey

p.s. Sceglie il giusto!

No comments:

Post a Comment