Thursday, February 4, 2010

Soon to be a ROME missionary!

ello Everyone!

I have exciting news! As of July 1st, I will no longer be a Catania missionary but a Rome missionary! I didn't get kicked out of my mission, don't worry. Because of the growth of the church in Italy and to prepare for the Rome temple, they are dissolving the Catania mission into the Rome mission. Pretty much, it just means that I will be not only in Sicily and the shoe part of Italy, but also the calf--if you look at the map. The mission extends from below Tuscany down to Sicily and the islands of Malta and Sardinia. I'm really excited about this change but it's also made me think of how it really doesn't matter where we are, it just matters what we are there for and who we are with. Because the two missions are merging, there will be twice as many of us (120 missionaries) all under one Mission President. I am just so happy that I get this time to share this message with everyone I meet. Sicily is wonderful, the people here are wonderful and so is this message I am sharing. It's been raining a lot this week, the weather here reminds me a lot of home so I love it. I have nothing to complain about...it's not Rexburg or the Baltics. I feel bad for my friends who are in those parts of the world...but you also don't have anything to complain about! I'm sure that snow and negative degree weather is just makes you love waking up and getting out of bed every morning. ok, now I'm being sarcastic. I really do feel bad for you though.

Sorella Robb and I have had great experiences this week as we've worked with members. The members here are wonderful. There is one member--Sorella Campo--who is my role model. She has referred us to two families already and they are both progressing right along. I never understood before I came here how important members are in missionary work--you members are key! I'm learning things everyday of how I can be a better member missionary.

We're also working with an Arican Family right now--Esther and Justice and their little baby, Vittoria, who was born on my birthday so when I'm over they call her Hashey. haha. My name is still spelled the same in Italian but they pronounce it "AHSHEE" or sometimes they think that's my first name on my tag so they say Ashley..close enough right?

I am loving every second I have here in this place with these people. I love serving the Lord. This is truly His work when we follow His will. Have a great week everyone!

Love,
Sorella Hashey

p.s. Some of you know that this was my "mission scripture" before I left but now it's even more true now--Romans 1:15-16.

1 comment:

  1. my cousin is in italy! catania mission i think! anziano (or however you spell it) morley! from kaysville utah!!!

    ReplyDelete