Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ci Vuole la fede

Sorry I haven't been keeping up on Alishia's blog I have been quite busy for the past few months. but I am back!! Here's her email she sent this past week :) if you would like to be getting her emails on a regular basis just give me your email and I will put you right on there :)
Love, Emily (alishia's sister)





Hey everyone!

It's been such a great week here in Siracusa. So, supposedly Siracusa is famous...I found this out a few weeks ago but I don't think I've let everyone in on the secret. First, in the Bible, Syrakuse(I think that's how they spell it in English) Acts 28:11 and then in the July Liahona there is a story about some missionaries in Sicily that served here. I'm so glad to be here and it's finally getting cooler. We have finally gotten a ward mission leader! Our old ward mission leader left a couple weeks after the stake was established (the beginning of July) and with all of the changes, we finally got a new one. It's amazing the smal change of organization that one person can do. We had our first meeting last night and he started off by saying, "Well, there's a lot of work to do. I don't want you all to think that I'm the leader here...I'm a missionary just like you". It was neat to see his enthusiasm in his calling. I had a cool experience at Paola's this last week when we were teaching her and her 11 year old son Lorenzo, as well as Dani (her 2 year old) about keeping the sabbath day holy. I had studied this a couple weeks ago and also that morning and we had a lesson planned. When we got there, Lorenzo was there which we weren't expecting. He had been taught in the past. When we started the lesson, I asked Lorenzo why he goes to school. He answered, Because I need to learn and grow. I said, Exactly! But what happens if we go to school and don't do our homework? He answered and said that he would fail and not do well when he's done with school. When then were able to teach the lesson comparing church and everyday activities of life to school. I had thought of that analogy probably 2 months ago or so but never used it until then--totally unplanned. But it worked perfectly. It was neat for me to see how easy it can be if we teach to THEIR level of understanding and especially when we follow the promptings we receive from the Lord. Transfers are tomorrow and there is only one change in our district--Anziano Cox is headed up to the island of Sardegna. Anziano Larsen is coming in his place who is awesome--I served with him in Ragusa. I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sorella Hashey

No comments:

Post a Comment